Espresso is the only coffee I drink (I was completely converted in Italy while I lived there) and it is usually a very tough job for me to find coffee I can bear in a new place.
Well, it has taken me 5 years to end up with these 5 remarkable places in London.
- Café Caldesi (118 Marylebone Hight Street) – my absolutely favourite, most expensive though. You can drink your coffee in an Italian style at a bar or enjoy together with their Tiramisu (probably the best one in the town as well!) at the table with a nice view over Marylebone Lane. Great staff who always remember what you like.
- Princi (135 Wardour Street) – I am not a fan of Soho but I could go there every day to have an espresso and maybe a piece of pizza in Princi. If you want only coffee (I am sure you will be tempted to something more) drink it at a bar as waiting for a free chair (not mentioning yet a table!) can be long!
- Obika, Mozzarella Bar at Selfridges (2nd floor, somewhere between Cavalli and Gucci ;) ) – there is nothing better than a good espresso during your shopping trip. Great staff as well – they always make you feel like they have been waiting for you to come.
- Illy stand, just outside Euston train station – on your way to Birmingham take your last good espresso!
- Leanidas Café (73 New Bond Street) – small but cute and smells of chocolate. You will be offered a complimentary chocolate as well – what would you possibly need more?
Read more about food in London here.